Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TinyShiny

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey y'all! I'm a complete newbie to the aquarium world.

We are currently at a 75 gallon tank, with under gravel filter paired with a hang back. I am considering adding a second hang back.

I currently have 3 blood parrots, eventually I want to add a few of the more docile types of cichlids and add one more parrot, but that will come when I get my second tank and can move one of the parrots I have now.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning new things.

Hey y'all! I'm a complete newbie to the aquarium world.

We are currently at a 75 gallon tank, with under gravel filter paired with a hang back. I am considering adding a second hang back.

I currently have 3 blood parrots, eventually I want to add a few of the more docile types of cichlids and add one more parrot, but that will come when I get my second tank and can move one of the parrots I have now.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and learning new things.

Welcome to AA! Unfortunately I'm not likely to be of big help to you in your set up as have no experience with that type of fish at all. But it does sound like you've already done quite a bit of homework and getting some good filtration system going there which is a huge part of a successful tank. There are many great experts on your type of fish here who will be very helpful to you. 75 gal tank is decent size and you can do a lot with it. I'm assuming yours is cycled? Or is it? Can you tell us more about your tank? What other then fish is in it? Plants (live, fake), driftwood, ornaments? Maybe post a picture if you can? Water parameters and what you use for testing?again, welcome and enjoy the forum

I love blood parrots! Cute little nuggets.

The thing about BPs is that it can be a guessing game on how aggressive they are, part if the whole hybrid thing I guess. I don't suggest putting them with anything too quick moving. Mine seemed to get pestered and took it out by eating the eyes out of whatever bothered them.

Hilariously, my last BP who was downright nasty got rehomed to a friend with a cooking pleco and a Jack Dempsey. The BP was about two and a half inches, the JD about 7 and a half. Was kind of intended to be food because of his attitude...

The two are now buddies!

I'd say three is about the max of BPs in a 75, at least full grown, if you want to do any tankmates. Depends on the mates though and the personality of your fish. I'd have a backup tank just incase.

Back
Top Bottom