Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNewKids

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys,

We're new to the forum - and new to fish keeping! My girlfriend picked me up a fish tank for my 19th birthday, never too old to start! That was a week ago, and since then we've been hooked. Whilst we've made some mistakes already; we're really enjoying the ride so far; and can't wait to move deeper into the hobby!

Thus far, we've got one primary tank which is 80 liters, and a secondary breeding tank which is 40 liters. The initial plan was to breed guppies, but we've opted for an in-fish cycle using platys.

We've got four in the 40 liter tank (I know this is a little overstocked for so early on, but the 80 liter tank isn't ready just yet for fish). We've had these for around 24 hours now, they seem perfectly happy and we conducted our first (50%) water change today, which went smoothly.

Water Test Levels
Ammonia - 0 - 0.25
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 0
PH - 7.2

Any information regarding platy's would be great; their swimming patterns (where they like to stay in the tank), general behaviour, etc.

Oh, and we think our little sunset platy is pregnant, thoughts?
29nbejo.jpg

Thankyou!

Is say your sunset is pregnant , when babies are born , remove them otherwise the parents will eat the babies

And if u thinking of getting hardy fish to keep with your plates , get gouramis

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Is say your sunset is pregnant , when babies are born , remove them otherwise the parents will eat the babies
And if u thinking of getting hardy fish to keep with your plates , get gouramis
We're well aware of the removal of the mother should she have her fry - our intentions were to place the three other platys in the larger tank, let the mother have her fry and then immediately move her to the larger tank, also - and to feed her a little extra during labour.

I'll have to take a look at gouramis; thankyou!

Back
Top Bottom