Hello :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piggypie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi everyone,
I'm hoping to start my first community tank soon, but right now just have one female betta. I've had her for about a year and got her as a "baby betta" (which I found out later probably wasn't the best idea, but things turned out alright). I had a male betta (in a separate tank :p) for almost 4 years, but he died recently of dropsy. :(
I know females can do alright in some community tanks, but I've got a lot of questions, and I think this site will be really helpful for that :)

I have a female betta in my community tank and shes doing fine she even schools with my gold barbs sometimes and waits for me at the top around feeding time!

she even schools with my gold barbs sometimes and waits for me at the top around feeding time!

That's pretty awesome :D I really hope mine's that friendly. Right now I'm planning on putting her in with some tetras, but I'm not sure whether to get neon, black neon, or glowlight tetras. How did you introduce your betta to the gold barbs?

Just happened, looked one day and it was swimming with them. Feed them at the same time, mine eats flakes, daphnia and whatever i put in the tank

Back
Top Bottom