Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-26-2014, 01:47 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hello!

Hi there,

I'm new the forums, and while I've been doing lots of research on tropical tanks, I've come across this site a lot, so I've decided to make an account. I currently have a 10 gallon tank with 3 female Guppies and 1 male Guppy, and a Chinese Sucker.

I also have recently acquired a 55 gallon tank that I am now cycling, and in the future I'm looking into maybe keeping some Angelfish and Clown Loaches. But to be honest, I don't know how to go about that right now, so I may be needing some advice later. But for now, I'll concentrate on cycling it.

Nice to meet you all

Old 04-26-2014, 01:56 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Regular

Im new to the site as well and just recently bought my first tank a 55gal as well! Welcome to the site and maybe we can swap advice!

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Old 04-26-2014, 02:01 AM   #3

Nice to meet you! Glad there's someone I can relate to. It's so exciting to have a big tank, and imagining what you can put in there. Do you have any idea of what you're looking to keep?
Old 04-26-2014, 02:39 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Regular

Right now I have four gouramis and 3 tiny tiger barbs, im not looking to really keep the tiger barbs simply because they only get about 3in and look so tiny in my tank. Im thinking about sticking with the pink gouramis and maybe going with a fre angel fish and silver dollars. This being my first tank I dont want to go too aggressive. I REALLY want like 3 jack dempsys but they are sooo aggressive im not sure im ready for that! Right now though im treating ich and hoping my poor little guys will live :/

Old 04-26-2014, 02:45 AM   #5

I hope your fish turn out okay. ): Good luck with the ick. Sounds like you have a nice set-up right now though. I'm more attracted to the quieter fish, and the live-bearers. My grandfather used to breed guppies, which is why my 10 gallon has guppies. I'm rather partial to them and sword tails. Although I'm not sure either of them will get along with Angelfish, so I don't think I'll be keeping them in my 55 gallon.
Old 04-26-2014, 02:52 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Regular

Yeah im pretty happy with what I have right now! And I dont really know much about guppies. How big do they get? How many could you keep in a 55gal? This is my tank now! Before the blue ich dye. Please excuse the goofy paris background. I bought the tank with it on there and am having trouble getting it off haha

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1398495081235.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	154.3 KB
ID:	234943  
Old 04-26-2014, 03:08 AM   #7

Wow, it looks awesome. I love the black gravel. It really brings out the colours of the plants and decorations. Have you tried eucalyptus oil to remove the stickers? Do you have eucalyptus oil where you are? I'm not even sure if they sell it outside Australia. It works really well with removing stickers and whatnot.

Here are my tanks; don't mind the mess. I'm leaving most of it out while I'm playing around with the tank and placement of things. I keep switching different decorations and plants between tanks while I'm cycling it. It'll take me a while to build up the plants I want in my 55g before I put fish in there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10363.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	250.2 KB
ID:	234945   Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC10367.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	234946  

Old 04-26-2014, 03:12 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Regular

Thanks! I actually just picked up the black gravel at my local walmart. I saw it and fell in love! The eucalyptus oil im not sure of. I will look tomorrow for sure though I hate them!

Your tanks look awesome

Old 04-26-2014, 03:12 AM   #9

Oh, sorry, forgot to answer the guppy questions. They generally don't get very big. They don't get much bigger than 2 inches, if that. They can be a little nippy, although they're generally quiet fish. But because of their pretty colours and small size, some large fish like to chase and attack them. You have to be careful what you put with them.
Old 04-26-2014, 03:14 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Regular

The plants in your 55 are they plastic or real? And I need a small tank for quarantine! That would be really nice! Lol and for gravel, are you using pebbles? I love that look!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com