Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tmayer5x

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everyone! I decided to join this forum because I have just recently purchased my first aquarium. My family used to own a large tank when I was younger and I always loved it. Recently I decided I wanted a tank of my own. I wanted to start out small since this is my first one so I purchased the Aqueon Mini Bow desktop aquarium kit 2.5 gallon tank. It was a perfect size for my desk and I love the look of it. So far I have only filled the tank with gravel and water along with the water conditioner that comes along with it. The pet store owner said I should wait atleast 24 hours from the time I start running the filter to purchase fish. I do have a couple questions. What types of fish are best fit for this tank? How many can I fit in the tank so they can all live comfortably? Can I have any other animals in the tank such as a frog, snail, or shrimp? Thank you to anyone who helps and I can't wait to start up my first aquarium!

The first thing your going to want to do is research the nitrogen cycle, there are several good articles on the forum on it. As for livestock your going to be pretty limited in terms of fish, but I imagine you could definitely do a cool planted fw shrimp tank, hopefully some of the fw experts can chime in on other ideas. Good luck and welcome to AA

Back
Top Bottom