Hello :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mychelle

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone I am Michelle. This is my first time here. I have always had a tank from the time I was very little. Shoot I recived 92 stiches from my first in counter with fish. I was 2 years old, my mom brought me to my favorite store the pet shop in our little town. I had just learned to walk and i triped over a tank. Hit my head on said tank and split it wide open. After all was said and done the owner gave my mom my first 55g. She told me we started off with 2 angle fish. Over the years I have had many tanks. Never really knowing how or what to do and when to do it. I have always gotten lucky I guess you would say.

So let's fast forward to today. I have a 45g corner tank that I love. I still know nothing about what i should and should not do. I had a bunch of guppies in the tank and all was going great. I then went and bought 5 very pretty males to put in with all my females. Everyone seemed very happy till one day i woke up to 5 dead fish. I was heart broken. Off to my LFS I went and talked with them. With in a week I had lost nearly all my fish. I did what they man suggestions were. My tank is doing great now for about 4 months.

I still don't know what I'm doing. What i do know is that my water test come out great everytime. I have 6 female guppies and 4 males and right now there is no way to count all the little ones in my tank. I also have 4 female balloon mollys and 2 males. I am really sure that 3 of the mollies are past due to give birth but they have not had any yet. What can I do to help them?

I have mostly fake plants but would like to start getting live plants in the tank. Just not sure how or what to do. Any suggestions would be great. Thank you all :cool:

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wow, that is a crazy way to get into the fish hobby-:eyes:

Welcome to the community. You have come to the right place to start(over) and learn how to take good care of your fish!

As for plants it is pretty easy if you pick the right kind of plants for your lighting. The section is listed below to learn more. Also there are articles and lots of info you can search about.

I had tanks when I was a kid too and didn't know about all the stuff I learned about here, so I was very happy to find such a great place to learn about so many things I had no clue about. And wow was there, and still are things I am learning about!!!

Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks - Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community

Thank you Autumsky. I have learned a lot from here in a very short time. I am on here alot reading already just tonight thought i should say hi

Sent from my SM-N900P using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom