Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ThangaMean

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm new to the hobby, planning to keep goldfish. Currently, I'm doing fishless cycling. Good news is last evening I noticed about .25 ppm nitrite. I hope the process to complete in another 2 weeks. That's it for now, good day to all!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

29g,20g L for display and 20g L for maintenance. Planning to start with 2 small orandas and max 4. After sometime move to a bigger setup. Both tanks are going to be connected thru aquarium bridge with timed water flow for every 15 mins. This setup in essence a 50g, in terms of overall water capacity.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would not go to 4 GF till you have the bigger tank.

The bridge idea sounds interesting. I get that the total gallons is larger than the main tank.

I just don't know if putting fish in a 29g would stunt their growth.

I normally recommend 29g for one and 40-55g for 2.

They do a majority of their growing in the first year, once they are stunted, they may never live to their full potential.

I think 2 will be ok for maybe 3 months ?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1423542924.818939.jpg

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...uire-big-tanks-visual-perspective-265871.html

http://youtu.be/o94YZZLJkRM

YouTube user Solid Gold has some great vids.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have to agree with Coursair on a 29g at least for one and 40 for two. I can understand how you're thinking in regards to total volume but I really don't think this applies in the way you're seeing it. It's not like a SW system where volume plays a roll in stability. Example being having a stand alone 20g nano tank and having a 20g nano tank with a 150g sump. The first being highly unstable due to small volume and the second being incredibly stable because of high volume. However, with either setup, you can only house fish suitable for a 20g tank no matter the volume.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

Thanks Coursair and treemanone2003 for the great info. Yes I was thinking that both tanks put together I'm close to 50g mm I might be wrong. I'll dig further and see how to optimize this situation. In any case understand that 4 is too much for my setup.

Back
Top Bottom