Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aseradyn

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, folks! :flowers:

I've had a series of aquariums since the mid 90s, ranging from little 2-gallon betta tanks on up to my current 120g community tank. I'd like to say I've gotten better at this, but honestly, it's probably just that the bigger tank gives me lots more leeway for laziness and I've learned which fish and plants tolerate my, er, "style".

Right now I have a few giant danios, swordtails, and flame tetras, and an exploding population of bronze corys (seriously, I'm going to have to look into population control methods).

For plants, I have a collection of low-to-mid light plants: assorted anubias, a couple varieties of vals, some Amazon swords, and green and bronze crypt wendtii. I moved and re-planted the tank about six months ago, and so far so good!

My clean-up crew are ramshorn snails, which are slowly coming back from near extinction after my tank move. I know a lot of people hate these guys, but I adore them; I didn't have to scrape my glass for 5 years.

Anyway, after years of kind of being in idle and just keeping things alive, I'm getting back into research mode, planning improvements and plotting for the future. I'm already finding a lot of useful advice on this forum - so thank you all! :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom