Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SiberianSiren

Aquarium Advice Newbie
It has been many years since I have had an aquarium. I set up a 20 gallon several months ago with a variety of nano fish and now have a 5 gallon with a Betta, Gold Mystery Snail, Nerite Snail (zebra) and a Ghost Shrimp. I use bottled spring water for water changes since my well water is very hard with high PH. I do a 10-20% water change weekly. I feed a variety of freeze dried blood worms, frozen brine shrimp, live worms and live brine shrimp. I also occasionally feed NLS and algae tabs. The 20 gallon tank contains 3 bumblebees, 2 wrestling halbeaks, 3 scarlet badis (dario, dario) 4 mosquito rasboras, 4 celestial pearl danios, 2 pasky's red neon rainbows and one threadfin...plus a several shrimp, a mystery snail and nerite snail. Yes, It;s a bit overstocked, but they are all very tiny.

Perth

You are in Perth! I just lost a very dear friend who also lived in Perth, John Vogel. Wonderful bird photographer. He passed away before I could visit. Sorry this is off topic...

You are in Perth! I just lost a very dear friend who also lived in Perth, John Vogel. Wonderful bird photographer. He passed away before I could visit. Sorry this is off topic...

Sad news :(

Yes, shifted to Perth some time ago. Weather is pretty good, we don't get snow or anything so I keep thinking of an outdoor pond (or aquaponics).

It has been many years since I have had an aquarium. I set up a 20 gallon several months ago with a variety of nano fish and now have a 5 gallon with a Betta, Gold Mystery Snail, Nerite Snail (zebra) and a Ghost Shrimp. I use bottled spring water for water changes since my well water is very hard with high PH. I do a 10-20% water change weekly. I feed a variety of freeze dried blood worms, frozen brine shrimp, live worms and live brine shrimp. I also occasionally feed NLS and algae tabs. The 20 gallon tank contains 3 bumblebees, 2 wrestling halbeaks, 3 scarlet badis (dario, dario) 4 mosquito rasboras, 4 celestial pearl danios, 2 pasky's red neon rainbows and one threadfin...plus a several shrimp, a mystery snail and nerite snail. Yes, It;s a bit overstocked, but they are all very tiny.

Hi welcome to the forum! Can I just ask how are you able to get nerite snails in Perth? I too am from Perth but was never able to find one.

Hi welcome to the forum! Can I just ask how are you able to get nerite snails in Perth? I too am from Perth but was never able to find one.

I've never seen them either. I think there are local types but there is a ban on importing them. Not 100% sure - I thought this came up recently locally.

Back
Top Bottom