Hello!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2swimmersAlike

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm 2swimmersAlike or Jacob. I am a competitive swimmer and a high-school student, I'm new at fish keeping but I know this is going to be an exciting and fun journey! I cannot wait to go on this journey with you all!

My tank is 10 gallons with a plant (live) and 3 fake, with an led air bubbler. It is currently un-stocked but that plans to change soon!

Welcome to the community. It can be a very enjoyable journey and there is always something to keep you busy. Looking forward to seeing some pics of the tank k as it progresses. How long has it been up and running? Has the tank gone through the nitrogen cycle yet? Could make for a lot less stress letting the tank go through a fishless cycle before adding your tenants to the tank

Welcome to the community! I'm also a high school student who began keeping fish a few years ago. There's a lot to learn in this hobby, but it's so much fun when you have beautiful aquatic worlds in your home!

Welcome! I wish you the best as you start your aquarium journey. It really is a beautiful and rewarding hobby. :)

IMG_2363.jpg
I plan on getting some water wysteria and a skull decoration. Going over the different types of fish I could have. I have a 35 gallon bow front tank, though it's not set up. I need a heater for my current one (I was originally going to keep goldfish but then I learned about that and yeah.)

Bettas are a beautiful alternative to goldies and very hardy. You'll need to invest in a heater for any tropical fish, and of course a filter. You could do several guppies, though I would get all males or all females. Same for platys... A small group of corycats would be nice, or a shoal of neon tetras, but in the case of the cories, I'd definitely switch the gravel to sand. They love a nice soft sand bed and it's fun to watch them sift through it with their barbles. What's more, sand is super easy to keep clean in small tanks, especially if you are not planning on planting heavily. Java ferns, anubias, and edola are all great choices for sandy tanks and attach easily to driftwood. Should be a snap to clean if you have a steady hand. :) Good luck, and enjoy the hobby!

Welcome Jacob. I've been in the hobby for years but fairly new to saltwater and it's been very fun and challenging, going on 5 months.

I've got a new tank as well and need tons of help setting up, I have a separate form for that tho, it has a filter but no lid as I bought it used, though the owner might find it it's been stored in a garage for a while

Back
Top Bottom