Hello!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oliver00

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi! My name is Oliver, I am a 17 y/o high school senior. I have been progressively getting into being a fish enthusiast for about 6 months. When I was younger, I had fish tanks and have now become interested as well.

I currently have a 5-gallon tank, and a 10-gallon tank. Both of my tanks are planted (and I am working up my paychecks to buy Eco-Complete gravel so that I can provide the plants and fish with a great source of nutrients. Until then, I have my normal gravel and monthly plant fertilizers.

My 5-gallon tank currently has 3 african dwarf frogs, one who is a juvenile. I also have 2 amano shrimps. I do 20% water changes twice a week when vacuuming the gravel.

In my 10-gallon tank, I have 3 guppies - 1 male, 2 females - and 3 platies - 1 male, 2 females. I also have one male dwarf gourami that gets along really well with the rest of the fish. Again, I do 20% water changes twice a week when vacuuming the gravel. I know I am a bit overstocked, but I have a separate quarantine tank that I have access to if any of the fish every begin to have issues. I also have plenty of plants and always watch my water levels so that they never get too high this is the same for my 5-gallon).

I registered for this site so that I can ask for help - and once I have more experience, help others any way I can! - when I need it, and grow more educated on fish-keeping. I hope to eventually get a 30-50-gallon tank to replace my 10-gallon when I have the money and space for it. Until then, my fish seem very happy and so am I!

Back
Top Bottom