Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-03-2018, 06:00 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hello!

I'm Jen and am new to the fishkeeping hobby. I have a 30L tank for my Betta Haiku and his Nerite Snail friend. I am currently in process of cycling a 180L tank that will eventually be a community tank (a community that I've not yet planned). I've always loved fish as my Dad has an outdoor Koi pond, and I had 2 beautiful Black Moors when I was younger, but due to lack of education they sadly passed. Now I'm older and have educated myself properly and have a keen interest in learning more, fishkeeping is now my fabulous and (challenging) hobby.
Looking forward to be part of Aquarium Advice! 🐠🐠🐠
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171220_200834_168.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	305940  

Old 01-03-2018, 06:24 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Welcome to AA! That is a nice looking Betta.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:47 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hi Jen, welcome to the forum. Haiku's looks a very handsome fellow. I look forward to seeing more pics of him.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:34 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I have Orandas in my 36 gal. They are too cute. I like my angels in the 55 gallon and my south american cichlids in my 150 gallon. But they always seems to be a little aggressive. Thats just their nature. If you love goldfish and their sweet personalities go for it!!! I reccomend in your 45 gallon you do 3/4 black moors (they like temps about 75 deg) so you can keep kuhli loaches with them at 75 degrees. Also vampire shrimp, ghost shrimp, red tailed minnow, snails. I have for a loonngg time lol. It depends on your filtration. I have a sand bed (which keeps tank clean!! No poops when syphoning) because of my canister filter. If you get a canister filter you will save $$ in the long run. If you want more black moors you would need a good filter . Its a myth goldfish produce the most waste too. Plecos, platies , mollies take the cake for that one. I love ur betta btw!!! Mine sadly just passed away :'(
Old 01-03-2018, 11:09 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and compliments on Haiku, he's a beauty for sure <3
Also in reply to epoole.j - I'm planning to get a 75G for some Black Moors or Orandas in the near future & very sorry to hear you lost your Betta :c
Old 01-04-2018, 09:49 AM   #6
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Welcome - thanks for the photo share

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com