Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AMANDA86

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am pretty new at having an aquarium and dont know that much about it other than I find it fascinating to watch my fish! I have a 20 gallon tank and I have some guppies, platys, 4 cherry barbs, a weather loach, a red tail shark, and 4 fiddler crabs. I dont know it this is a good mix or not but everyone seems to get along just fine!

Welcome. You're red tailed shark will get too big for your tank, you weather loach might get too big as well. The rest of the fish should be fine. Just make sure the crabs don't pinch at your fishes tails. The fiddler crabs need brackish water (water with salt in it) but i'm not an expert on crabs. But here's a link I found that might help with them https://www.thesprucepets.com/fiddler-crabs-1237222
Good luck

Fiddlers are Hilarious. I love their robot dances. It’s crazy how smart they are. Little escape artists. They should have some dry spot to hang out and play king of the hill. I kept them in a shallow tank. Brackish water. Good lid. Holes just big enough for equipment wires cause they’re just like ladders. Really entertaining. I gave mine away before a big move. But I would get them again. Had red tail shark with my Oscar. He was 6 inches plus when I last saw him. Crabs are really dirty. I would keep them in something separate. Seems much for little tank

Back
Top Bottom