Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Carol53

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Quite new to fish keeping, successful so far but lots to learn! I have freshwater fish, started out with Harlequin Rasbora then added Dalmatian Mollies not realising that they breed so readily!
Decided then to separate male and female Mollies so I already have a second tank for the males. I have 3 catfish, they have I think quite comical antics and also have two aquatic frogs.
My last edition was Diamond tetra which have also produced young so I now need to find out how to tell between male and female, any help with that would be great if anyone has pictures of both sexes.
One thing leads to another and I have been keeping a culture of micro-worms for the young to eat, also trying to 'grow' some black-worm but finding this more difficult, they do not seem to be re-creating so well.
I'm in mid 60's now so quite a late starter but have for a long time admired aquariums and so glad I took the decision to go for it, my local shop, "Maidenhead Aquatics" have been very helpful in my setting up, so thank you to them!

Welcome to the community!

It sounds like you have your hands full with babies!!! I didn't realize the Diamond Tetra would also breed so nicely. Congratulations on that. The lfs might take in your unneeded young fish.

Sounds like the fish like live foods. Vinegar eels are an easy food to raise for babies.

Mollies just do the breeding without any help, lol.

Back
Top Bottom