Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

anna55

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I am so glad I found this sight. I just recently started my much too small betta tank as I have learned. It’s a 2.5 gallon planted tank . It seems to be going good so far. I would add a picture but don’t know how. I don’t know if this works.

Not too small IMO but as small as you should ever go. Just make sure to change out 50% of the water weekly. If it isn't cycled then more frequent water changes. Welcome.

My betta tank

When I first got a betta tank, I found that a 2.5 would be big enough. Since then I have been researching and found that I was told wrong. I have seen that you need at least a 5 gallon. Even though I have him in a small tank , he is doing very well. My tank is planted and has a small piece of driftwood in it. I wish I could add a picture but haven’t been able to figure out how. I plan to get a 10 gallon soon.

I’ve gotten the 10 gallon from my daughter. It was a mess so I cleaned everything up . I’ve kept the old filter cartridge in some of the old water. I’m going to use eco complete as the substrate. I have a couple small pieces of java fern. Will the old filter cartridge be goo to use?

It will sure help get your new tank established with some beneficial bacteria.

Back
Top Bottom