Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ms. Maui

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi all I am new here. I have been keeping cichlids of all kinds (african, south, central, new world) but my heart is with the parrot cichlids no not the real parrots the hybrids. I have just recently gotten back into the fish hobby 3 months ago after a few years off. I currently have 6 tanks. 50 gallon bowfront that houses 1 blood red parrot, one panda parrot, 2 convict parrots and a yellow king tiger pleco. A 20 gallon with my newest inhabitants 2 baby kirin parrots who are only about 1.25 inches (5 days I've had these guys and I'm already inlove!). An empty but set up 15 gallon that is awaiting a very special betta come August. 2 10 gallon tanks, one has 3 oranda and one has a baby blood red parrot (it's a hospital tank and he got ich from some loaches I had to rehome BUT he's almost ready to go home, back to the 50 gallon). The final tank is a 55 gallon acrylic I bought used just just yesterday which I am so excited to set up. We are moving the 3 orandas over to the 55 gallon next week. I am debating rather or not to restore the acrylic tank or if it is fine as is. ? we'll see once it stops raining and I can look at it [emoji23]. I spend a lot of my time, most of my time, dedicated to my tanks and looking for different kinds of parrot hybrids so if I don't already have it and you know where some are fill me in please! Thanks for reading this ☺

Hi all I am new here. I have been keeping cichlids of all kinds (african, south, central, new world) but my heart is with the parrot cichlids no not the real parrots the hybrids. I have just recently gotten back into the fish hobby 3 months ago after a few years off. I currently have 6 tanks. 50 gallon bowfront that houses 1 blood red parrot, one panda parrot, 2 convict parrots and a yellow king tiger pleco. A 20 gallon with my newest inhabitants 2 baby kirin parrots who are only about 1.25 inches (5 days I've had these guys and I'm already inlove!). An empty but set up 15 gallon that is awaiting a very special betta come August. 2 10 gallon tanks, one has 3 oranda and one has a baby blood red parrot (it's a hospital tank and he got ich from some loaches I had to rehome BUT he's almost ready to go home, back to the 50 gallon). The final tank is a 55 gallon acrylic I bought used just just yesterday which I am so excited to set up. We are moving the 3 orandas over to the 55 gallon next week. I am debating rather or not to restore the acrylic tank or if it is fine as is. ? we'll see once it stops raining and I can look at it [emoji23]. I spend a lot of my time, most of my time, dedicated to my tanks and looking for different kinds of parrot hybrids so if I don't already have it and you know where some are fill me in please! Thanks for reading this ☺
Pictures of my parrot hybrids ☺20190622_082028.jpg20190617_090102.jpg20190618_202951.jpg20190606_210611.jpg20190616_191050.jpg

And the elusive yellow king tiger pleco "Orio" (Oh-Rio)20190616_083619.jpg

Also I have NO CLUE why that picture is on my post (From Freddys Fish Room or w/e) I didn't put it there. *sigh* I probably did accidently somehow put it there actually. New to the site still figuring things out lol

Welcome and the one pic looks like your fish is happy and smiling, but you probably know that. Just to say such a cute pic!
Thanks! That's Sweety the tank boss. She's a raging [Edit- maniac] but that's what makes her so great [emoji23] I love that picture haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom