Hello

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ineubis

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

Just found this board on google, while looking for a aquarist hobby forum.

I'm in Milwaukee, WI, USA.

Have been in the hobby for 2 months now. Got into this from a friend, who has nice large established tanks set up, and have always liked his fish tanks.

I have a 65 gallon high fresh/brackish tank setup and a 20 gallon high saltwater FOWLR going as well.

In the brackish tank, I have:

1 small silver scat
1 small red scat
1 medium-large red scat
1 medium-large green scat (tank boss)
1 large bristlenose pleco
1 butterfly catfish
and some hardy fish I still have from cycling (6 black tetras, 4 fancy guppies, and 2 peppered corys)

I am feeding them Hakkari brand Bloodworms, and Brine Shrimp once daily.

The saltwater tank, I have:

9lbs. of Live Rock and a 2 lb. Base rock that is growing some green and choralline algae on it now.

1 fire goby (firefish)
1 electric blue damsel
1 true percula clownfish
1 small raccoon butterflyfish (50 cent piece sized)
5 blue-legged hermits
1 red-legged hermit
1 purple sea urchin (the size of a hackysack)
1 purple condry anemone

They get a varied diet of Hakkari brand Brine, a mixture called "Prime Reef" and Tetra brand Marine flake. They also seem to like the bloodworms, I've tossed them a few on occassion.

Everything in both tanks is going fine. The raccoon butterflyfish does not eat much, but he does eat a little bit every day at feeding time, and spends most of his time picking things off of my rocks.

I do not use a protein skimmer in my FOWLR tank. I bought a Red Sea Berlin Airlift 60 internal skimmer, 'cause I didn't know what I was doing, and there's no way that could fit in my tank. I would have to set it up in a sump.

Anyways, "Hi" again. That's my 2-cent origin story :)

Ineubis

WELCOME TO AA!!!

It sounds like you are well on your way to two beautiful tanks! I'm glead you have everything up and running, looks like your firend helped tou set up with a couplea nice tanks!
You can add your tanks/sizes/equipment/critters in your "my info" so we can all see what you have, in the future.

Back
Top Bottom