Hello AA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ohponies

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My handle is Ohponies, and I have a salt water aquarium! My aquarium is 55 gallons, with 55 pounds of live rock, Ocean SeaClone Protein Skimmer, 2 300gph Filers one with just inserts and 1 with inserts and bio wheels. For animals i have two Amphiprion ocellaris clownfish, 1 Coral banded shrimp, 1 chocolate sea star, 3 turban snails, 1 margarita snail, and 5 red tip hermits.

Free with my live rock ( i got that branch looking piece out of my LFS sump, muhaha, and it came with tons of life) brittle/fancy/tiger striped sea stars (tiny arms come out for food during feeding), some stuff that look like feather dusters some white and some red, tons of little dark green, blackish looking feather dusters/anemone, and i have seen at least maybe 2 very very small astenia star fish.

My tank!

My clowns!

Chip!

Some algae dunno what type.

And rusty!

The Chocolate ship sea star was my wife's idea. I did not know anything about him when i bought the star. I went to the pet shop intending to buy a brittle sea star, knowing it was a safe pet, but she really liked Chip. I like the idea of Chip, because it really gets my wife interested in my hobby, but he really limits my additions to the tank. I would really like to get some anemone for the clown fish, like bubble tip, but according to everything i have read, Chip will eat any invertebrate slower than him, ie. feather dusters and anemone. Anyone have any experience with the two in a tank? I have tried to break it to my wife that we should return chip, especially after i have found that often Chocolate Chip sea stars can be the victims of hermit crabs, and I really enjoy hermits in my tank.

My future plans for the tank mates are anemone and some different types of hermits other than red tip, and different snails other than turban.

Further, much farther down the road i would love some coral but i need to get the hang of this FOWLR first me thinks, and figure out what to do with chip.

This is week 6, 4 weeks no animals, 2 now with. I am thinking of switching to a 50/50 florescent light, i like the blueish tint, and think my tank could use more uvs, i have little to no algae growth to speak of.

Welcome Aboard
character_17.gif

Back
Top Bottom