Hello AA!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr.waffles1842

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi everyone! I'm a Scorpio who likes to watch fish (obviously), eat waffles (obviously), and go for a bike ride (not so obviously). I have 20 gallon high tank currently, with 6 fish in it. I've made every mistake. My water quality was up and down for awhile. My ammonia was high, my nitrite was high, my nitrate high, my pH and alkalinity was low and high, and my hardness to high. I finally got all my problems and how to treat them in my little yellow notebook. Ever since my water problems, i've been a bit over cautious with with fish. I hardly ever keep fish out of their schooling requirements. Anyway, thanks for welcoming me here!

mr.waffles1842 said:
umm, im using mardel test strips 5 in 1.

Oh, well, strips aren't really the most accurate form of kit out there. A much better kit with much more accurate readings is the API master kit. It's a bit on the pricey side, but it's worth every penny. :)

Thanks Mr. Limpet! Great link! Now im considering giving up the strips and getting API master kit. Which is better?

mr.waffles1842 said:
Thanks Mr. Limpet! Great link! Now im considering giving up the strips and getting API master kit. Which is better?

API master kit. You're going to find that's pretty much everyone's answer lol.

mr.waffles1842 said:

The API FW Master test kit is the only way to go IMO. If you look at it price wise, the liquid test kit is actually a great value and much cheaper in the long run. As for accuracy, test strips don't come close to the liquid test kit.

Back
Top Bottom