hello again, this time from texas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

harmy4993

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello Fellow AA's

Ive done fresh water but not salt water. i had a 29g freshwater planted tank that i kept for about a year'ish. then i moved from cali to texas and had to give up my fish. My tanks 29g and 10g are sitting in cali and im hoping to get them back in may/june.

im thinking of going the premade route and getting a 28g jbj nano cube hqi. what im looking at possibly doing if its possible with these tanks is when i get my 29 back use that as a sump so i will have 57g of total water. my problem right now ir really lack of space which is the reason for the nano. if i can find a way to plumb it and add my 29g to it id be pretty happy.

im more interested in coral then fish but that doesnt mean i dont want fish.
my fish list includes
2 True or False Perculas
1 firefish
1 goby/shrimp combo. hoping maybe i can make the gobys home tunnels out of pvc under the sand.
1 may or may not be able to fit another fish in there. i prolly could specially if i could add the 2nd tank into the system, but not sure i really want to.

corals
i know i really like zoas and mushrooms so i dont think ill have any problem with lighting. im not sure yet what i would be able to do with the lighting but i know zoas and shrooms would be fine.

for my sump i have a 2x60w pc light fixture from my planted aquarium days which i figure would work good. maybe even a little over kill.
the first of many questions i have is would i need a heater in the sump and the MT or just in the sump. and if its just in the sump im guessing you need one for 57g+ and not 29g.

equipment needed
30lbs sand
45-60lbs rock?
api test sw test equipment
refractor(spelling?)
3 phs? 1 for pumping water from mt to sump? 1 to pump from pump to mt? and one for water changers
1 ato
ro/di system
i already have a 10g qt tank or will in may/june
anything else?

i really need to figure out where stuff is in dallas. im super new to texas and know where nothing is. im about 55 miles south of dallas in navarro county if anyone is familiar and can point me in the right directions.

now if there is no way this will work. (piping in the second tank for more water volume) i may start looking at stuff from craigslist for a bigger tank. id really like something in the 100g+ range i just dont think i would be able to fit it anywhere. but if i go this route im researching ,going with a diy led set up. or i might wait for my 29 and just use it with no sump.

ive been doing a ton of reading and doing a brain over load. i think what i really need to do is list each set up id be willing to do and come up with plus and minuses for each one includings costs, items needed. and placement of where i would put it.

anyways its nice to be back to AA after a little while away and hopefully soon i wont be tankless any more. i really miss having fish.

Back
Top Bottom