Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-01-2012, 07:55 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all!

Hi there everyone, I am new to both this forum and to the world of aquariums. I currently have one 30g up and running as a grow up tank for, 1 tiger Oscar, 2 convict cichlids, and 2 fire mouth cichlids. Soon, hopefully within the month, will be moving them all to my 155g bow front tank. Just have a little further to go on the custom base that I am building for it.

With that said I am going to need some advice on how to get the cycle of this huge tank done in the most efficient way, and best for the fish way I can.

Still trying to figure things out on here hope to have some pics up soon!!!

Kidholmes29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 09:41 AM   #2
Welcome to AA!

Fishy Aston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist
Welcome to the site.
The only way I can see to speed up the cycle of your 155 gal. Would be to use the filter from your 30 gal. If you will still be using that tank. You will have to use some of the filter media from the established tank in your new tank.
What are your filtration plans for the 155? What do you have in use on your 30? A little more info will help us help you.
TT71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com