Hello all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snailsareboring

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!
I've been lurking on the forum for a while, but I finally got my new aquarium and decided to join! I have a small fish tank in my classroom which incited a need for more gallons and fish for myself, and now I'm excited to learn more about keeping fish!

So far I've only got the tank. If you want the specs:
20gh Freshwater tropical
Caribsea Super Naturals Tahitian Moon Substrate mixed with beige Top Fin gravel
1 Water Sprite, 1 Moneywort, and a few bulbs that haven't sprouted yet.

The tank has only been running for about 2 days and I'm still undecided about fish, which is why I've been on this site. I'd love any advice and help you all can give me and I can't wait to get more active on the forums!

BTW...I don't really think snails are boring! It's an inside joke that became a screen name! My classroom tank actually has a yellow apple snail named Waffles and the kids and I love him!

Cute story! Hope you enjoy AA and maybe we can help you with any questions, btw what's the specs on your classroom tank?

The classroom tank is 1.5g with a betta, a snail, and a live plant (not sure of species). I know these guys need a bigger tank to be happy, but my boss would only approve the 1.5 :(

snailsareboring said:
The classroom tank is 1.5g with a betta, a snail, and a live plant (not sure of species). I know these guys need a bigger tank to be happy, but my boss would only approve the 1.5 :(

Not even a 2.5 or 5 gallon? You can get coffee mugs that hold nearly that much water anymore haha. Is he concerned about the weight or a spill?

You could always do what I do, just upgrade when no ones there and act like it has always been that big lol trust me when my bf finally notices it, it's only by our son pointed it out

"Sure honey he's always had a 20g remember!"

You could always do what I do, just upgrade when no ones there and act like it has always been that big lol trust me when my bf finally notices it, it's only by our son pointed it out

"Sure honey he's always had a 20g remember!"

Haha we started with one of those tiny betta bowls and I had to beg to get the 1.5! I'm tempted to free the betta (Michael Jackson...the kids chose the name) to my new aquarium, but I'm not sure what kind of community I want to have yet.

Back
Top Bottom