Hello all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

otrguy

Aquarium Advice Regular
New here. Been running tanks for quite awhile. Have a 30 gal. running now for about 8 years and have been doing min. maintenance for the last 2. I now have time to get back into it. The problem I have is I can't get the Ph above 6.4. All params are good. There is 1 large goldfish who has been there for 4 years. Gravel is clean temp is 75. Magnum 350 filter running fine and clean with dual Bio wheels. Tap Ph is 7.0. Do water change and Ph is down within 30 mins. Any thoughts? Thanks.

New here. Been running tanks for quite awhile. Have a 30 gal. running now for about 8 years and have been doing min. maintenance for the last 2. I now have time to get back into it. The problem I have is I can't get the Ph above 6.4. All params are good. There is 1 large goldfish who has been there for 4 years. Gravel is clean temp is 75. Magnum 350 filter running fine and clean with dual Bio wheels. Tap Ph is 7.0. Do water change and Ph is down within 30 mins. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Welcome :)

Welcome to the forum!

Are you using a buffer of any kind? You could always test the pH by adding tap water into a 5 gallon bucket and let it sit over night and test.

Also try starting a thread in the fresh water section you'll get more views.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom