Hello all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EMS Chris

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone. I'm Chris from South East Pa. I just started getting more serious into the hobby about 6 months ago with a 90 gallon freshwater (yes, 90 gallon was my first tank). And I'm lovin it. I started a new 10 gallon tank for my daughter and just this week started a 10 gallon planted tank. Both seem to be starting smooth. I used 20 gallons from my 90 gallon tank from my water change to start the new 10 gallon tanks. I also pus some of the rocks from the 90 gallon into the 10 gallon fish tank for my daughter which is all fish to get a jump start on the cycle. . I did not put gravel in my planted tank as I wasn't sure of the way it would react with the Eco complete. Was it worth using be established water from my existing tank?

Welcome to the forum!!

Regarding using water from the 90, while it doesn't hurt, it doesn't help either. Ideally, you'd take a piece of filter media from the tank and seed the new filter.

It would help bacteria growth a lot. The biggest thing (and the toughest) is to be patient with adding fish. You're also luck in that area to have ThatPetPlace nearby in Lancaster, Pa. I lived in Delaware for a while and took a few trips there. Absolutely incredible variety of fish both fresh and saltwater. They are also VERY knowledgable when it comes to both as well. May be worth a trip to see what fish you want in the future and get some good tips too

Back
Top Bottom