Hello all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CephalopodCove

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I've wandered around this site for a while to find answers to questions but I finally decided to post too. I'm a Marine Bio major and I've had fish tanks since I was young but I finally decided to start doing it as a serious hobby. I have several tanks planned for the future after some more research, including a cuttlefish tank. I found a LYS that's been in business for decades and told me they have a dealer of Flamboyant Cuttlefish eggs!! :D

For now, I have a 10 gallon freshwater with the following inhabitants:
-Red and black Double-finned Betta (seriously non-aggressive might I add)
-2 Oto Catfish
-4 Neon Tetras
-A rather large (and gutsy!) Ghost Shrimp
-And a Black Nerite Racer Snail

All seem to be getting along well and have picked their own spots in the tank.

I also just set up a very slightly planted breeding tank for three Black Brush Rabbit Snails that should be in this week. Its only about a 2 gallon so I'm worried its a bit too small. Im hoping to find a slightly larger tank for them soon.

In the works:
-35 Gallon Flamboyant Cuttlefish tank
-At least 50 Gallon Non-Reef for hopefully Lionfish and/or Angler
-At least 50 Gallon Reef tank. Hoping for Pipefish, Seahorses and many others.

Before I jump into a new fish or tank project, I extensively research all species for compatibility and needs~

Welcome to AA!

Sounds like you really like the salty side! I'm more restricted on the freshwater side, but any questions you have on your freshwater I'll be glad to help!
I think that 5 gallons would be the minimum for the rabbit snails, they get a little big, I love those! I would love to have one, but I am on a budget and they are a but pricey
You are one lucky person! Many people can only dream on having a betta in a community tank! Sounds like a good tank, got any pics;)
Welcome to AA!

I'll definitely look into the bigger tank for my snails. I noticed they're ridiculously hard to find. I'm hoping mine will breed well and I can make them accessible to my friends and maybe my local LFS's. And yeah, salt water tanks are my favorites, though I love some of the freshwater inverts. I so need a bigger tank for a Bamboo Shrimp!

And here's my little tank and my beautiful Betta~ You can see one of my Otos on the back wall but most everyone else was hiding out. The shrimp is under the bridge but considering he's clear its a little hard to get good pics of him.

981797_10201257954306311_679187513_o.jpg

1078863_10201270025568085_903147884_o.jpg

Thanks for the welcome! And I'm a little neurotic on the research I think. But I would hate to put my lovelies in a tank that wasn't suited for them! And I did load some pics but I think that post is waiting for moderation

Awesome, welcome to the forum! A cuttlefish tank is also in my sights :) although a 55 would be much better for them, that way you can house 3-5 of the smaller variety. You might even want to try your hand at breeding! It's not very difficult :) watching them socialize as a group is much more interesting than say 2 :p

Welcome to the forum :) can't wait to see pics! I have rabbit snails they're great guy's to watch.

I was mostly going with the 35 gallon for the cuttles because I found out that the flamboyant cuttlefish only grow to about 6 centimeters max. If you believe that a 50 would be more suitable, I am picking up one tomorrow that should be fine. Unfortunately, now with my rabbit snails, the seller just emailed me saying that they don't have them in stock. It would have been nice to know that 5 days ago when I placed the order. Considering that my tank is already setup, I think I'll go check out aquabid and see who has some good rabbit snails.

Back
Top Bottom