Hello all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mastermamo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi guys Time to introduce myself I am originally from Cape Town South Africa.I have had a wealth of experience with all things aquatic. I am a certified Dive Master, have done years of research as a volunteer with Great White Sharks and dolphins in Durban and Cape Town and have owned a really beautiful marine tank a few years back which I had to give away due to work pressures and not having enough time to maintain it. After a few years I have now decided to get back into the swing of things by starting a discus tank. It is a 300L tank with gravel. I have had my fair share of issues with this with a number of my juveniles dying on me due to unscrupulous importers bringing in stock infected with Hex. I have had 3 juveniles and 2 adults succumb to this in the course of 3 months. It has been a steep learning curve but now I have settled the tank in with lots of research, medication, patience and care. I now have 6 adults in my tank and they are all pretty stable although I watch them pretty carefully for any remnant bacteria strains that might still be lingering. My aim is to try to educate and assist those in similar positions as me with what little I have learnt thus far. I also would love to see some import regulations in place and would be interested in forming a Discus Organisation of where we could have proper import rules with quarantines etc in place. Please feel free to PM or mail me if anyone needs any advice. I am far from an expert...yet :p but in time this should change Thanks everyone. Looking to make as many associations as I can on this great forum

Welcome to the forum! Their is a lot of knowledge here and a lot of opportunities to give out advice! Make sure to check out the cichlid discussion cause cichlids are awesome and I think you agree lol. I am mostly into the dwarfs cichlids like apistogramma and mikrogeophagus. Discus are beautiful fish and i would like to keep them one day.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

Is there no dedicated Discus Forum?
If not can one be started?

I would love to contribute

M

Thanks for the warm welcome. I appreciate it.

Is there no dedicated Discus Forum?
If not can one be started?

I would love to contribute

M

No they would be included in the cichlid forum. I doubt the mods would start a specific fish section. Not many discus keepers who don't know what their doing but explore the threads

Back
Top Bottom