Hello All

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have been researching about the five banded cichlid and here is what I found out. During breeding they will get very aggressive and if they are the dominant cichlid they are very aggressive. I guess I will have to wait until he gets bigger to find out if he is the dominant cichlid. I also found out that they sometimes will be fine with all other fish in the tank. So basically it's a 50/50 chance, I will watch as he gets older to see if he gets to aggressive as of now he is very timid.

One of my cichlids is making a nest.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428439169.056664.jpg
I don't know which one but I'm pretty sure it's one of my peacocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

In this case my JD is in dire need of a girl... He sends his sand all over everything

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

My ruby crystal peacock has a piece of gravel stuck in his mouth and can't get it out. He is eating (thank the Lord) but I am still worried what should I do? I think that my male Jacobfreibergi dug the pit since he is chasing away the other fish.

My ruby crystal peacock has a piece of gravel stuck in his mouth and can't get it out. He is eating (thank the Lord) but I am still worried what should I do? I think that my male Jacobfreibergi dug the pit since he is chasing away the other fish.

Catch him, use a pointed tweezer and hold him and pick it out.

Here is a pic of my fish with a dead Oto in her mouth with the barbels stuck in there - she wasn't able to to get it out and I had to do that! :eek: Had to do it with a goldfish once too.

As I was clearing out the gravel I noticed that there were also eggs in her mouth. The only male peacock cichlid in the tank is a Jacobfreibergi so I am hoping for nicely colored fish in the future.

Read through this thread bc I was bored, and I'm sorry TMRC and Caleb that I was such a jerk at the beginning and thank you for all your help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G800A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No worries Noah, I've had to learn to be more patient as well. I often type things then realise later how it sounds. I've improved but still learning. You've grown a good bit in this time as well.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

No worries Noah, I've had to learn to be more patient as well. I often type things then realise later how it sounds. I've improved but still learning. You've grown a good bit in this time as well.

Same here. I often read what I type a few times before posting so I don't come across wrong.

There is a balance between constructive criticism and going overboard. With this being just text on a page there's a fine line between the two.

No hard feelings.

Caleb

But I'm still learning and always will be

Same here. I often read what I type a few times before posting so I don't come across wrong.

There is a balance between constructive criticism and going overboard. With this being just text on a page there's a fine line between the two.

No hard feelings.

Caleb

No hard feelings

Hello all glad to have found you. I've had my tank running for 3 years now' it's 5ft with a built in sump , uv, bio balls and skimmer. After loosing a fish and mushroom I got so dis heartened I almost sold the lot but then realised and I decided to go with the one fish I always wanted .. Porcupine puffer :) I got him about a weeks ago now , he's eating great I've given him shelled muscle and un shelled prawn and squid. He fed on the first day I got him and he has beautiful blue eyes.

Hello all glad to have found you. I've had my tank running for 3 years now' it's 5ft with a built in sump , uv, bio balls and skimmer. After loosing a fish and mushroom I got so dis heartened I almost sold the lot but then realised and I decided to go with the one fish I always wanted .. Porcupine puffer :) I got him about a weeks ago now , he's eating great I've given him shelled muscle and un shelled prawn and squid. He fed on the first day I got him and he has beautiful blue eyes.

I love porcupine puffers, they are so dog-like.

Sorry to hear that but Yes I've read there prone to getting ich :( scary!
My puffer just took good from me from the first time �� I will have had him a week tomorrow.
Can't Waite to see what sort of charecter he will be

Sorry to hear that but Yes I've read there prone to getting ich :( scary!
My puffer just took good from me from the first time �� I will have had him a week tomorrow.
Can't Waite to see what sort of charecter he will be

Actually he was doing well along with a maroon clown, a coral beauty angel, and a engineer goby until I added a yellow damsel (big mistake) and it attacked the angel until I had a severe ich outbreak. The damsel and the engineer goby survived but the others did not.

Back
Top Bottom