Hello all!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gvsmitty

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently got back into the hobby (since December) after being out of it for 12 years. I brought the 15G tank back upstairs, opened google and was overwhelmed with information to get a new tank started. I truly wish I had these resources 12 years ago, it would have saved me all the heartache of loosing fish and not really knowing why. I did the responsible thing and got out of the hobby after loosing 4 fish as a result of dealing with inexperienced LFS employees.

I am the type of guy who will research something until I get it right and it is forums like these that have brought joy back into the hobby and enjoyment on the faces of my fishies!! Since December I have purchased a 55G tank completed a fishless cycle immediately stocked it with 6 Boesemani Rainbow, 5 Roseline barbs and a few plants to spruce things up a bit. I never had any issues with ammonia, nitrites and I guess because of the plants and the biohome ultimate I use in my cascade 1000 canister filter my nitrates never go above 5ppm! I am a religious water changer and avoid over feeding. For all those who contribute here, I thank-you and so do my fish!!

Garry

Hi Garry! Welcome to the forum :) would love to see pictures!

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Back
Top Bottom