Hello all! And a couple of questions.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FarknBen

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! My name is Ben, I'm pretty new to this, so please bear with me. And thanks for any and all help in advance.

After much searching, I decided this was the forum for me since everybody seems to be very respectful, knowledgeable, and understanding.

I've really wanted a tank for sometime. But since my place is rather small, I decided on the 15gal column tank from PetSmart. Would have preferred a more common(longer and larger) tank but this seemed to fit my needs.

Since getting it a month ago; ditched the filter for a Fluval C2 and have a brighter light system coming soon. Currently is stocked with 6 mollys, a guppie, 2 mystery snails, and 6 ghost shrimp. Oh' and a dwarf frog.

All seems well as far as my inexperienced mind can tell. Ammonia is close to .25 the fish seem to be fine. Been doing a 10% water change every two days.

So my questions. Or if I should post these else where, please let me know or move them. Thanks!

My heater is rated for 15gal put since it is a deep tank(13"wx13"dx19h) should I go larger?

Picked up 2 balloon mollys today. Asked for both to be males. Seems one is a pregnant female. Should I be worried about the fry screwing with the water condition?

Last question. I plan to finish the tank with either a male beta or 2 dwarf gourami. Would either be a better choice?

Thank you,

Ben

Welcome to AA!
I never go by the recommended tank size on heaters. I go by the watts, you should have 60 watts on that tank. Depending on where you live like someplace that stays warmer year round then 50watts should be fine.

Fry won't harm your tank but they do add more of a bio load once born.

Back
Top Bottom