Hello All and a question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zasz1234

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, Longtime reader first time poster. I started keeping fish in college, took a break for a year or two and now have a 29 Gal that I've kept since 2010. And there lies my question.

My sole survivor of the blackout following our Halloween blizzard and blackout is Waco the Pleco. He's an albino and has grown from about 4-5 inches to 8-10. He shares the tank with 6 black skirt tetras and a 5 in rainbow shark.

My question is: Is he too big for my tank now? And as a result is my tank overloaded? I'm afraid my fishy friend is suffering. TIA for any help!

Yep. So is the rainbow shark. Use AqAdvisor.com great site. Check it out. Red cemented by AA.

I double the recommendation of AqAdvisor. Probably best to re-home your pleco and get a smaller species.

Welcome to posting here, though!

Thanks for the help! Sadly my friend recently left the hobby, so I'll see if I can give him back to the store. I wish I knew about that site when I was setting my tank up.

Some people would argue with their stocking methods though. But I never had problems using it:) I first used Aqadvisor.com but go with what I can handle. In example, if I want to keep a butt load of guppies in a 10 gallon tank, I just clean it more frequently. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

And of course cull them so I have only the prettiest. (Kinda sad, but I selectively breed) Others are predator food. ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Oh my. I'm not that ruthless, but I'm sure your fish enjoy your iron fisted rule. :) my Pleco found a new home. Thanks for all your help!

Back
Top Bottom