Hello all! Any suggestions for me?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaLibra

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello fellow fish lovers!

I just started a brand new 30 gallon tank about two months ago (meaning that I am a total newbie to this fantastic fishy world) and, after having spent a ton of time online looking for answers to my questions, have decided to register here so that I can ask all of you for more case specific answers.

Usually I ask my local fish store.... But lately I have been finding that I have been receiving increasingly bad advice :(

So, I can't wait to get started asking the millions of questions I've got zipping around in my head and hearing what advice all of you have to recommend!

Right.... So here goes: I have a heavily (artificially) planted and decorated 30 gallon tank which is currently occupied by 3 ADF ( 1 male, 2 female), 2 Corydoras, 1 Pleco, 6 male guppies, 2 German rams (1 male, 1 female), 1 blue Gourami, and 1 Dwarf gourami (both males). I am sad to report that up until yesterday, I had a beautiful male golden gourami.... But he decided that he wanted to be king of the tank and started to attack everything in sight... So I gave him to a friend who has multiple fish tanks full of fish that will be less likely to tolerate his terrorism.

So now that he's gone, I can't help but feel that even though I have a decent stock of beautiful fish, my tank is lacking something swimming around the middle range...

Any suggestions for a colourful, gentle tank mate for my lovelies?

What about a Pearl Gourami. There are some which are cranky but I have a sweet peaceful one which is a wonderful fish for the tank. The male is very attractive.

60074-albums9317-picture65753.jpg

Thank you!

Thanks for the advice!

I was thinking about getting a female Pearl gourami... They seem to be more gentle toward other fish than the males. Unfortunately, they are not to be found at my local fish store :(

I have already asked and they told me that they almost never get females in stock. So I'll keep my eyes peeled for any wherever I go in future :)

Thanks for the advice!

I was thinking about getting a female Pearl gourami... They seem to be more gentle toward other fish than the males. Unfortunately, they are not to be found at my local fish store :(

I have already asked and they told me that they almost never get females in stock. So I'll keep my eyes peeled for any wherever I go in future :)

I'm amazed you have an LFS that can actually differentiate between males and females.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

As far as your question goes...
I'm amazed that you're worried about an aggressive Pearl when you're keeping 6 Male Guppies..

Still, if you're not looking for a gourami I'd suggest beefing up your Cory school as a start.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

An angel fish would be nice and defiantly up your Cory numbers

Fishobsessed7

Back
Top Bottom