Hello all! My first post on AA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I've dabbled in SW aquariums one other time but didn't have it up and running long enough to really get involved in the whole experience. I got my tank set up again this year and have ended up going further with it than I have ever before. I've done several FW set ups but this is my first real stab at keeping a SW tank. It seems like there's a forum for everthying these days and I found this one to help my with my SW tank. So far so good too. I've had the tank running for about a 2 months and everything seems to be working perfect. Here's some pics and specs on my set up. If you guys have any suggestions, please help me out cause I'm a noob to SW for the most part al though I've been reading a lot to try and learn.

45 gallon Bow Front
LR
Aqua C Remora (still doesn't really produce much foam after 1.5 months:/)
1-Pearlscale Butterfly
2-tiny scarlet hermits
1-blue devil damsel
2-yellow tailed damsels
2-three strip damsels
300w heater
emporer power filter
1" sand bed
normal florescent tank lighting

here's some pics of it.
78306007.jpg

78306021.jpg

I'm still not totally down with all the SW jargon but I'm catching on. As you can see, the tank has cycled nicely and i've got the brown algae going. A decent sized water change is due in the next couple of day to hopefully cut back on the algae a bit. How am I doing?

Jan 28th post and I'm just getting a chance to welcome you. :roll:

Howwwwdie!

Tanks looks great. I would recommend a back on it (paint or otherwise). I think you'll enjoy its look more and the contrast (say, a blue back) would make on you viewing.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom