Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 11-10-2009, 07:13 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All - New to the Saltwater Tank world and need some advice

Hey guys
Just looking to get some advice on where to begin, I have had an fish tank for as long as I can remember but I have always stuck with freshwater fish which are by far not as fun to look at as a saltwater fish tank.

A few months back I lost my pride and Joy 20 inch Silver Arowana that I had since it was a wee little 1 inch big, unfortunately he was a casualty of his natural instinct to jump out of the water and my laziness of not closing the lid for easy feedings because the canopy on my tank makes it hard to open and close the lid without a step ladder and I found him later behind the tank.

Now!! I have attached a picture of my tank (actually a tank identical to mine) these are the specs

• Oceanic 180 gallon Glass Bowfront w/ Stand and Canopy
  • Reef Ready _ Overflows on both rear corners withe bulkhead fitting for water return from the wet-dry
  • Overflows are full of Bio-Balls
  • Under the Stand is a Tide Pool 2 with Bio-Wheel
  • Inside that are 2 Power Heads circulating water
  • I do not have lights at all, it came with 4ft light but are badly rusted
  • For substrate I have Gravel from my days of Freshwater Fish
That it in a nutshell, I am very afraid to invest a bunch of $ and fail since I will never hear the end of it from my wife.

Point me in the right direction guys and thanks ahead for all your help and suggestions
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tank%20175%20bowfront%20oceanic%20black.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	11.4 KB
ID:	21403  

chavezone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:32 PM   #2
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award
Welcome aboard. You might want to post your questions in the proper forums. This is the welcome forums. Read this

Stock list and tips for maintaining your SW tank.
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

salt, saltwater, saltwater tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com