Hello and need filter advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jenniferhynes

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, Nice, informative forum. I just started up a 55 gallon freshwater tank. I' m running two Aqueon quietflow 50 power filters. Don't really think they are very quiet. Am I being unrealistic looking for a quiet hob filter? I'm a little intimidated by the idea and cost of a canister filter. Any recommendations?
Thanks
Jen

AC110 is my choice for a HOB on a 55 gallon. It's a lot quieter than the stock filter I got with the tank from petsmart.

AC110 is my choice for a HOB on a 55 gallon. It's a lot quieter than the stock filter I got with the tank from petsmart.

I agree with the AC series. I was running an Emperor ( Marineland ) next to AC And it was like a Harley and Prius. Well, maybe not that bad but the ACs are quiet.

Thanks for the replies, seems every where I look people like the aquaclear the most. Does it matter if I do one large filter (the 110) or do two smaller filters? Will two give me better circulation?

Two 70 at each end. Better ciculation. I also like too say that the AC you dont change the media just rinse it out, just another benefit.

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA. :welcome:

BTW you might want to post your questions in the FW forums. Not everyone comes to the welcome wagon.

Thanks to Slade, reef diver and fresh2o,
Finally installed the two new aquaclear 70 filters in my 55 gallon and they are significantly quieter than the Aqueon quietflows and the penguins I tried before. Took three tries but finally happy, and from what I've read they much better quality too. Thanks for the advice! My husband is much happier, the aquarium is right next to his office. :)

Back
Top Bottom