Hello and question!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire Bee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi All!

I have some questions concerning my betta's aquarium upgrade and the aquarium advice forum seemed like it was the place to be! I want to get this aquarium tank so I can have 2 plants and they can get bigger. And I want my betta to be happy and thrive! I have had him for 2 years in his current gallon fish bowl and I want this change to good so I do not harm him in any way.

Thanks!!!

Also, I realize this is probably not the place for the question to be answered... I'm exploring the forum for that!

Just saying hi. Baby (betta) is my only fish and I like him a lot... he is quite expressive and gives me his opinion about most things so I just want to get it right for him.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

welcome to AA Claire~~

Im not so sure about FW tank...btw, i dont see any question u here...if u asking for suggestions, yes i'l suggest u to buy that aquarium for your betta....anyway, its only IMO......

I would say no to that aquarium. :( Bettas need more surface space than most fish, and since that is a bowl, it wouldn't work out. Bettas take air from the water surface, and if those plants ever grew big, he would have a hard time getting any.
I would try to find a bowfront or rectangle/square tank for him. The bowfronts look pretty cool too. :) Also, I would try to get at least 5 gallons for him, a filter and a heater.

I'll let FW and Betta people comment on that. Just wanted to say...

welcometoaa.gif

Welcome to AA! I am thinking of getting my son a Betta! Cant wait to see your new tread about this!

Welcome. That 8 gallon bowl seems kind of expensive to me. Have you thought about the fluval chi or edge?

Welcome to Auarium Advice..

I keep/breed bettas (and oscars) and I wont keep mine in anything smaller then 5 gallon tanks with a good filter and heater. Yes your betta can survive in a small bowl but he will thrive in a bigger tank.

Thank you guys so much for the info and aid!

@fort384 I really like that aquarium... A friend ended up giving me one of their old 10 gallon rectangles... which is not what I wanted as far as style, but it fit the rest of my goals which were a larger space for my betta and aquarium plants. Seeing how that is a good price, I might get it, though I wonder where the light is located.

its on the wood box, its a filter and a light, my GF has one (that i just did a PWC on, in fact) and her betta loves it! she also had a biorb, but it was a biorb life so i can't say much about the sphere one. either are good though i dont think the lights on either could support plants..

very helpful.

Yea, I figured as much. Right now I have all my orchids inside (winter) so have plant lights set up next to the aquarium, but this is temporary.

If I want to go for style (on the cheap) I will just have to make my own decorative fixture with plant florescent close to the aquarium... I knew that would probably be the case anyway.

Thanks!.... now, globe or box, that is the question.

@johmartz: I like that one a lot... looks good for plant life too.

I was thinking of expanding my horizons to some guppies... ha! I know that doesn't sound adventurous, but since I got this free tank I thought I would just have some typical tropical fish in it, then get a decorative tank for my betta since I like'm so much... flamboyant and all.

Back
Top Bottom