Hello Aqua Peeps!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DREAMEN

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello everybody, my name is Andrea, but everyone calls me Drea and I'm from Southern California. I'm kinda new to the aquarium world. There is so much to know, but I think I have learned alot so far and have been catching on pretty quick.

I don't have any fish yet, just a little turtle (RES) named Dribbles. I hope to get some fish though...anyone know of any good fish that I can keep with a slider? He or she (I'm not sure yet) is in a small 10 gal., but soon will be moving to a bigger tank.

Right now I'm redoing a 55 gal. aquarium I bought from ebay. I just finished re siliconing it. Next I'm gonna try to make one of those 3D rock-like backgrounds. This is what I have so far: Styro Foam, Quikcrete concrete, silicone (100% Ace Hardware brand), and torch. The only thing I'm having trouble with is finding the right epoxy resin. Its frustrating... :confused: So if anyone has ever made one of these before your advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Your new aquarium friend,
Drea

Welcome to AA! Take pictures as you do your 3D background. It's always interesting to see how other build their DIY items.

If you browse the DIY forum there have been a couple of amazing background built.

Thanks for welcoming me to the AA forum...it always feels great to be accepted! Hope to run into you guys on the forum in the future.

Zagz: Ok, I'll "try" to take pictures, but can't promise anything yet. I've never done anything like this b4 so it will probably take me awhile to finish. Finish...lol...I don't even know where to start! LOL

Back
Top Bottom