hello every body!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

keu131

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi there!!
i am very new to this web site and almost just as new to the art of Salt water Aquariums..
so far i have my salt water happening and have had my first lot of live rocks. they have been in for 3 weeks now. everything has been great and i am just waiting for the ph to level out...
i have read and continue to read as much as i possibly can about what i am doing and i never take a step forward without making sure i know what im doing..
soooooo... my latest thought is that i want to start building up the reef in my tank before i put any fish in there. i want it to look fantastic even without fish.. i think the reef is a very important aspect of the look feel and eco system of the tank...
i live in a small town and only have access to one fish store for all of my rocks corals fish etc.. if any one knows any good trust worthy online stores it would be super awesome if you could pass them on to me!
and please please just make your self welcome in my new life as Aquarium enthusiast i am sooooo eager and just want to chat chat chat away with people who are at the same stage as me or behind me or ahead of me!! just any one who wants to talk about the experience of creating a salt water aquarium!!
x0x0x0x0x

thanks

Welcome to AA.So you have a 52 gallon tank. Do you have a sump? What testing equip. do you have? Can you give us some water parameters, Salinity, PH, ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, Temp. and anything else you might need to know about...

Last edited:
i have a 200ltr tank... not sure what that is in your terms... sorry :confused:
i have all the testing equipment the man at the shop sold me.
my levels are still a bit up in the air because my live rocks are still in the course of creating the natural bio eco system situation...
i still need to add more live rock as well it is just a matter of when i have a spare pay check! :D but... i really want to be ready for my next step.. i am a perfectionistn n cannot have enuf research under my belt!
i do not have a sump.. it is something i am willing to look into in the future are they worth the effort.?.?

xx

First 200L is ~52 gallons US. I need to know the readings you have now. I am a perfectionest too so "a bit up" doesn't make any sense to me. Please give me some #'s. Your water Parameters will tell you how far along you are with your cycle and when it's time to add life to your tank.
A sump is a good thing for a couple of reasons.
1) more volume of water and that is always better to keep your tank stable.
2) it hides all your equipment...heaters, skimmers, refug. more LR
2) I'm not sure of your layout but if it's an all in one unit it may be hard to add a sump.

In this kind of tank (which I have a smaller version of) you would have to drill a large hole (about 10cm diameter) in the stand for all the cords and plumbing to go through. Also the hood would need to come off. I'm intending to buy new lighting soon and will be plumbing a refugium on to my tank that will be in my stand so I've been thinking about it. :) If you want exact specifics just ask and I'll post my whole plan. :)

Back
Top Bottom