Hello every one

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Eaglemccloud

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've had tanks for years. Everything from a 10 gallon community to a 54 gallon corner saltwater tank. Currently the 54 is empty but I'm thinking about setting it up again.

My terrarium has a few low light plants, five firebelly toads, a few serpea tetras, danios, sand loaches, 2 Cory cats, a lesser siren and a gold claw crab. My ten gallon has a few fairy cichlids (all of therm are the same sex)I also have a celestial eye goldfish tank with just 1 fish. My 2 betta bowls are 1 male and 1 female. Both have live plants that are very low lights.

I have to say I joined here to find some answers to what I want to do in my 54 corner. Any help is appreciated. The design of my tank I got from the book "aquarium designs inspired by nature" it's the se Asian swamp that I'm trying for. I'll have another post with everything I need help with. Thanks in advance.

XxxblackxxX said:
Hello my names anthony.I would like to know about lesser sirens,like how big they get and when they can breed.any info would be great.thanks;)

Unfortunately I don't know much on the lesser siren. Found him one day at the pet store I work at. Only have the one so breeding isn't something I know. My siren is only about 6 inches in length but I'm sure it's only that big because of the tank.

I feed him frozen foods mainly, he likes them. I give him frozen squid from time to time. I usually bury the cube in the gravel a bit and he finds it quickly. Cubes are usually still frozen so it takes him a little while to get most of it gone. The fish usually help clean up the rest of his food.

gold claw crabs are fiddler crabs,and brackish water.

They are pretty cool.I found out by accident that he likes tadpoles.they where put in my fishtank cuz my bro likes tadpoles an he attacked one an ate it lol.my bro was like nooo! :p

Update on my 54 corner. Set up using a fishless cycle. Now I have 2 redgold honey gouramis, 2 powder blue dwarf gouramis, 2 sunset gouramis, 6 rasbora hets, 6 each white clouds and gold white clouds. 2 sand loaches, 2 Cory cats, 4 serpae tetras, a dwarf rainbow, and a eastern newt. I also have plants in there as well. I have 4 Cabomba, 10 lucky bamboo(all stick out above the water) 3 hornwort, 3 water wisteria, a dwarf lily, micro sword, and 3 ambulia.

It's now been running for three weeks with the fish. I hope to put some photos up of the process and how it's going. I've taken the fish out of my terrarium all that's left in there is the toads, craband siren.

Back
Top Bottom