Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-05-2019, 09:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Hello everybody....... Hello doctor Nick.

Hello everybody who reads this. My name is PJ and I have had fish tanks my whole life. As a kid I had a 10 gallon tank and my 2 brothers had their own 10 gallon tanks as well. And my dad had 4 55 gallon tanks. Each tank was stocked differently my oldest brother had gold fish my other older brother had a bunch of gouppies and I opted for a Betta, (I have always had a Betta and still do) my dad used to breed and sell fish. But now that I am grown up I am the only one out of my brother's and dad to still keep fish.
I have 5 tanks at home right now.
5 gallon with a handful of tequila sunrise goupies and one black loach. (This is my daughter's fish tank.)
10 gallon has my black and blue Betta(my favorite fish), one black loach and one bristlenose pleco (my pleco will be moved to my 55 gallon soon because he is getting to big for the 10 gallon)
25 gallon has 2 coi angels (male and female match. Got really lucky with these 2) 4 Emerald corydoras (was 8 but I have lost a few through the years.) 2 black loaches and one bristlenose pleco.
30 gallon long. Has 2 Blue marble angels both boys from what I can tell and my LFS guy thinks so to. 6 Emerald corydoras and one blue Phantom pleco (which is now 9 years old as of this month of march.) My blue Phantom pleco is really old and I don't think I'll get another year out of him unfortunately also I know the breeder personally that I got him from. That's how I know his age.
55 gallon had a tiger Oscar for awhile but he out grew it so I adopted him to my friend that can house him with his Oscars (my friend has a custom made aquarium that is 900 gallons I helped build his aquarium with him.) So my 55 gallon has no fish in it right now it's been empty for a bit, so I plan on doing a my first planted tank in it, so I'll get it established first then I'll get fish for it that go with the plants I choose.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:35 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Welcome to the community!!! Sounds like you like to keep busy!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 11:10 AM   #3

Oh yes I like to keep busy alright. I just got a new 30 gallon a couple days ago and I'm almost done setting it up. So that's 2 30 gallons I'll have up and running now. Just gotta get fish for it. Also my friend gave me some of his java fern he has been growing for the past 10 years so I have my first official plant for a tank.
Old 03-11-2019, 12:05 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Great starter plant!

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -5G Spec V Snails & Betta
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:37 PM   #5

I have had my 10 gallon tank forever (20+years), just always different fish through the years. I mainly kept Bettas in my 10 gallon tho. And well it's only been 3 years since I have had more then one tank. But it's been growing. I now have 6 tanks set up and 2 of them have no fish right now. My 55 and 30 gallons are just full of water waiting for fish.
And like I said just got this 30 gallon and set it up with my first plant.
Old 03-13-2019, 02:19 AM   #6
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Welcome
Old 03-15-2019, 10:42 AM   #7
SW REEF 18+ YEARS
Community Admin

Tank of the Month Award

Welcome aboard. We are glad you found us here at AA.

SITE ADMINISTRATOR

You can view many of my fish and corals in my photo albums in my profile.

View my tank

AA Community Rules|AA TOS

Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics
melosu58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com