Hello Everyone.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ComMizz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello eveyone i am very new to keeping fish. My name is mike and I recently became infatuated with fish. I recentley got some extra money and i bouth a 14 gallon kit from walmart. It came with a filter, tank, hood and light. I bought a heater for it from wal mart and i got a thermometer also. I have put in a few bags of light and dark blue gravel a cave thing a couple of big plants and another very small cave. I knew nothing about cycling so i just bought some fish and put them in. Unfortunately most of them dies while my 6 goldfish and algae eater remain alive. I just found out i should def not have that many gold fish in ther. That is the set up that i have. Very cheap but i plan on upgrading most of the stuff for it eventually. I need to go out and get a test kit so i can find out what is wrong with my tank where everything seems to be dying after about a month. BTW this setup is freshwater obviously.

I have just recentley also purchases a 29 Gallon kit from walmart and am attempting saltwater. I Have the tank, hang on filter, heater, thermometer, hood and 50/50 light, bag of plain sand and a bag of live sand. I did not cycle it right because i didn't know you had to. I have been trying to get some info on making my tank right even though i did not cycle it at first. Inside of my tank i have two pieces of live rock, 2 Elec Damsels and a Diamond goby, a peppermint shrimp and a snail. Everything seems to be fine but i need to do some more research and also get a test kit. Can i use the same test kits for both Aquariums or no. Also on this tank i plan on updating once i get the hang of maintaining them and keeping everything clean and healthy.

PICS OF BOTH COMING SOON

This community has been very helpful already and I am very glad that i have joined hear, you guys are great. I look forward to being a member here for many years.

Any advice on my situation or just keeping fish in general is very appreciated

Your New Friend, MIKE

img_1128256_0_79cbecdeece3c9266a861b5efd16011f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom