Hello Everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phlex

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, my name is Brandon.

I have recently become interested in fish keeping. I am afflicted with a disease known as CCD - Compulsive Collectors Disorder (not doctor diagnosable!).

I currently have 4 active tanks, housing some nifty fish I've found around my area in North Florida.

In the list are, my wifes 5g Rasbora tank, her two rasboras are approximately 2 years old, and still going strong.

I have a 29g Cichlid tank, housing 1 3.5" - 4" Jack Dempsey, 2 1.5" Electric Blue Cichlids, 1 1.25" Tinfoil Barb, and 1 3" Common Pleco.

I have a 55g Mixed Community Tank, with 1 Blood Parrot Cichlid appx 4", 1 Dalmation Molly, and about a half a dozen feeder minnows who've outgrown my Blood Parrot.

I have also just created my very first Saltwater nano tank. a 10g tank, with live sand, live rock, and 1 false perc clown fish.

In the works in the upcomming weeks, will be two DiY 120g Tanks, one for each of my Larger Cichlids.

After several weeks/months of researching, I've found that a majority of the information I've followed has come from this forum, so I decided I should try to be a part of your community. Im still a novice, however I try to research everything as much as possible, as well all know the internet is full of information, some good some bad..

Thanks for having me!

Brandon

Welcome! Glad to hear about the plans for a couple of bigger tanks for the fish that will grown a lot.

Hi, my name is Brandon.

I have recently become interested in fish keeping. I am afflicted with a disease known as CCD - Compulsive Collectors Disorder (not doctor diagnosable!).

I currently have 4 active tanks, housing some nifty fish I've found around my area in North Florida.

In the list are, my wifes 5g Rasbora tank, her two rasboras are approximately 2 years old, and still going strong.

I have a 29g Cichlid tank, housing 1 3.5" - 4" Jack Dempsey, 2 1.5" Electric Blue Cichlids, 1 1.25" Tinfoil Barb, and 1 3" Common Pleco.

I have a 55g Mixed Community Tank, with 1 Blood Parrot Cichlid appx 4", 1 Dalmation Molly, and about a half a dozen feeder minnows who've outgrown my Blood Parrot.

I have also just created my very first Saltwater nano tank. a 10g tank, with live sand, live rock, and 1 false perc clown fish.

In the works in the upcomming weeks, will be two DiY 120g Tanks, one for each of my Larger Cichlids.

After several weeks/months of researching, I've found that a majority of the information I've followed has come from this forum, so I decided I should try to be a part of your community. Im still a novice, however I try to research everything as much as possible, as well all know the internet is full of information, some good some bad..

Thanks for having me!

Brandon
Hi Brandon,
Welcome to AA, always glad to have new new people.
I have Cichlids and Tinfoil Barbs also in separate 55g Tanks.
Did you know that your 1.25" Tinfoil Barb will become a 1'2" Tinfoil Barb?
And that it is a schooling fish? They are suppose to be kept in groups of at least 5.
I only ask because, I was given mine before I knew what they were and how big they grow. I was given 4 1.5" Tinfoil Barbs 8 months ago and they are already outgrowing my 55g tank.
I'm lucky though, the store (LFS on AA) were I buy my all stock is willing to take them for me and find someone with a much larger tank. One that can hold 56" of fast, constant energy. My 55g is only 48" across and the Barbs will be 56" across, when they finish growing.
They are beautiful and I love them a lot, They are so friendly, they eat out of my hand. But it would be cruel for me to keep them in a tank so small.

Back
Top Bottom