Hello everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brensters

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Love this site so much that i just had to join. I have reffered to this site countless times and have read some great info and oppinions. Had my first tank set up for two years ( 29 gal ). Then took it down for a break for a few months. I then worried that maybe I was just one of those many people that try it then decide that it's too much work and sell everything. Instead I stored everything away with great care and a few months later to my delight I soon started to sorely miss my beautiful water world and all my little friends that were so entertaining. So I'm back [in this hobby] with even more enthusiasm than before! I'm in the process of setting my tank back up, only this time I am determined to go planted!! Wish me luck guys and girls!

Brensters said:
Love this site so much that i just had to join. I have reffered to this site countless times and have read some great info and oppinions. Had my first tank set up for two years ( 29 gal ). Then took it down for a break for a few months. I then worried that maybe I was just one of those many people that try it then decide that it's too much work and sell everything. Instead I stored everything away with great care and a few months later to my delight I soon started to sorely miss my beautiful water world and all my little friends that were so entertaining. So I'm back [in this hobby] with even more enthusiasm than before! I'm in the process of setting my tank back up, only this time I am determined to go planted!! Wish me luck guys and girls!

Welcome to AA! I'm glad you joined!

Is the 29 g set up yet? Any ideas of what kind of fish or plants you want?
It's up from the basement, rinsed in hot water sitting on the cabinet/stand along with all the equipment waiting for me to carefully decide on the lighting upgrade. Taking it slow and carefull this time with my decision making. At the same time, one should never obsess about stuff, one must at some point make a decision and just ride out the results.Deciding between spending a little more money and more work (CO2) to grow almost anything I want, or to go the easy less expensive route and settle for the challenge of growing what I can creatively which sounds tempting when you have two small children. I have already purchased pool filter sand. Thinking about either having a nutrient rich bottom layer or not having to worry about potential "mud soup" and just going with root tabs/additives to enrich substrate, although I here Seachem's turns the light coloured (yes that's how we spell colored in Canada) sand black. Yikes. Guess you can't disturb the bottom there either! Lol. That is my biggest decision right now because it's difficult to change the substrate once it's in. As for fish I love the gourami species, dwarf cichlids, congo tetras, neon tetras and really love corys! I wish I could afford two tanks though because I also love alot of larger cichlids. That's alotta-love, I know .

Last edited:
Hi New here

Hello I love this site! Someone shared the link on Tanked website. So much info here. I'm sure I'll find all the advice and tips I need. Can't wait to get started. I moved to NC from Pa and I just can't seem to get my tank right. Everything is off. When I adjust one thing the other is off. Everytime I do a water change I add dechlor. The ph is too low. I have lost all but 3 fish. And I can't really quarintine them because I'd be using the same tap water and have the same problem. So guess I'll go get started and browse the site!! TY

:welcome: to AA! :)

stacyb said:
Hello I love this site! Someone shared the link on Tanked website. So much info here. I'm sure I'll find all the advice and tips I need. Can't wait to get started. I moved to NC from Pa and I just can't seem to get my tank right. Everything is off. When I adjust one thing the other is off. Everytime I do a water change I add dechlor. The ph is too low. I have lost all but 3 fish. And I can't really quarintine them because I'd be using the same tap water and have the same problem. So guess I'll go get started and browse the site!! TY

How long has it been setup? You been doing daily water changes? What kind of gig and how big of a tank? What are the water parameters? How low is the pH? Did you cycle the tank beforehand???

Also, I would suggest to make another thread before answering my questions, only because we don't want the thread going off topic (it's original purpose was to greet the new member who created the thread after all :))

Good luck! :)

:welcome: to AA! :)

How long has it been setup? You been doing daily water changes? What kind of gig and how big of a tank? What are the water parameters? How low is the pH? Did you cycle the tank beforehand???

Also, I would suggest to make another thread before answering my questions, only because we don't want the thread going off topic (it's original purpose was to greet the new member who created the thread after all :))

Good luck! :)
Lol. Sorry to disappoint, but I'm in the (slow) process of setting it back up. It's been down for a few months.

Back
Top Bottom