hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oscar26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hiya . im new to fish keeping . and found this page on my iphone , looks good to me , suppose time will tell . all advice and help welcome as im new to tropicals so , thanx in advance ha ha . currently iv got a 165 ltr tank been running abut 7 weeks , i hav a baby pit bull plec and gold spotted plec and 4 baby oscars , love um . getting anouther 165 ltr tank soon and then also a 330ltr tank for when my oscars hav grown , and so far that it lol

Welcome to the forum! Since you said you were open to advice, I am going to tell you that pitbull plecos are better off with friends. You should get at least another 1, preferably 2, to go with your current guy. :)

cheers he seems to stick with my spotted plec lol follow each outher about it good to watch , does it hav to be anouther pit bull plec ? just im getting a baby plec at the weekend , not a pit bull tho

cheers he seems to stick with my spotted plec lol follow each outher about it good to watch , does it hav to be anouther pit bull plec ? just im getting a baby plec at the weekend , not a pit bull tho
Yes. It should be another pitbull. That is a social species and prefers the company of its own kind. They will stick with otehr fish if they don't have another pittie, but thats not ideal. They are so small that having 2 really isn't a big deal in tanks 20g and up.

Back
Top Bottom