hello everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zachattackrides

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Het all! Just found this site and decided to sign up! I'm a newb in the aqarium world, but I'm always looking to learn more!

Alittle about me!
I'm from Ma, about 45 minutes from Boston! Go Bruins!!!
I'm obsessed with subarus
I play bass!

My current tank is just a ten gallon with a fantail goldie and a telescope goldie with one eye! Hahaha not sure if it was a birth defect or not!
Anyways, I still have a lot of exploring to do! Seems like a great site to expand my knowledge!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111027_202303.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111027_202303.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 60
Hi zachattacks, and welcome to the AA forum! :welcome: You will find all kinds of articles and advice from very experienced aquarists on this forum. I'm kind of new in the freshwater fish world, but from what I hear, you will probably need to consider a much larger home for your goldies. They seem to need more space than some other tropical fish, as I'm sure someone will pipe in to tell you. That said, your fantail is gorgeous, and I know you will have a great time learning all you can about this new world.

Thank you! I'm working on getting a larger tank! I've hear that of can be a very painful problem for the fish! And sorry for the poor pic quality, all I have is my cell phone :( that's Wendy! And thank you! Although I am currently treating her and Willy for ich :(

Welcome! Nice to have u. How are u treating ick? The heat and salt method is very popular around here ;)

That is currently what I'm doing! I have the heater set to about 80 right now, and I but the reccomented dosage of salt in! Or should I put a little more in? I put 2 tablespoons in for ten gallons

zachattackrides said:
That is currently what I'm doing! I have the heater set to about 80 right now, and I but the reccomented dosage of salt in! Or should I put a little more in? I put 2 tablespoons in for ten gallons

Sounds like u are doing a good job :)

Thanks! I did a whole lot of research and the heat and salt method came up the most so I decided to give it a try! It came highly reccomended!

zachattackrides said:
Thanks! I did a whole lot of research and the heat and salt method came up the most so I decided to give it a try! It came highly reccomended!

Yep ;) yay for research

Welcome to the site! Good to hear you are working on a larger home for your goldies. :) Wendy and Willy are cute names.

Back
Top Bottom