Hello everyone!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jojo78

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, my name is Jo. I am a single mother of 2 and i work in Catering and i'm from Scotland. I have been keeping fish for about a year now. I actually got our first tank for my sons 6th birthday as he has a fascination with fish. We started out with a 95 Litre tank, some multi-coloured gravel, a few live plants and did a fishless cycle for the first 6 weeks. After the water passed all the tests we introduced 3 Guppies to the tank (1 male, 2 female, who are still going strong!). Then every few weeks we'd take a trip to our much loved fish shop and indulge in a new fish. It came to the point where we couldn't get any new fish as i didn't want to overstock the tank so i purchased a new 180 litre tank :D. Since we kind of fell in love with live bearers i decided to use the 95 litre as a fry tank for any fry we managed to save. So right now we have our 180l tank gravel subatrate, lots of live plants, 3 moss balls, with 10 Guppies, 6 swordtails, 3 Platys, 2 Angelfish, 1 Bolivian Ram, 2 German Blue Rams and 4 Yolo Loaches. And our 95l has 4 Pygmy Cories and about 60 mixed fry, which my fish store will take once they grow to a certain size. My son and i have found a hobby we both love and have such a great time caring for our beautiful fish.

Both tanks have 7.0ph, Ammonia + Nitrite at 0, Nitrate at 5. Although i have to use crushed coral in my substrate as in Scotland we have soft water so have to raise my ph with the coral. I have lost 3 German Rams due to ph drops in the past, that was before i started using the coral!!

hello and welcome to Aquarium Advice. be careful with the high ph and the angel fish theres should be around 7 to 8 other than that it sounds beautiful; i have and breed and sell angels also

Back
Top Bottom