Hello everyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AGroucha

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

So i gotback into the aquarium hobby a while back. Got two 20Gal tanks and am at the moment working on a 35Gal tank project.
The 20Gal just have simple starter fish (guppies, plecos) - but taking my time with the new one to get a well thought out setup.

I hope to really learn how to care for fish and the mechanics behind it, since back in the day when I had aquariums i was only a kid.

So yeah, hello everyone - hope this will be educational :)

Thanks a lot, im sure at some point i will have loads of question.
So far my 35 Gal / 128 L tank is starting to look like a fish-friendly tank, though not so dense yet :)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399211602.685734.jpg

I plan on adding some hiding spots (which ive already made from slate) and keep a handful of bristlenose plecos in there. Am looking for a good type of fish to keep with them that wont ruin the possibility of breeding the plecos.

Anyone have any experience with that?

On another note, the water in my county is really hard. I tested the water in my smaller tank that have been cycling for a while and it was around 25 dH.
Collecting rain water is not really an option, will a small RO unit be worth it for just a couple of tanks?
Bying demineralized water were I live ia too expensive, so thats not really an option in the long run either. Thoughts?
:)

can you get well water. as long as it checks out that is. and corys could go well as long as both species are well establish with their groups you should do fine.

I wouldnt know where to get well water, so must be a no :(
Yeah i suppose corys will go nicely. But then ill just stock up bottom dwellers :D wont need the top half of my aquarium with just corys and BN pleco? :D

Back
Top Bottom