Hello everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ender93

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I have been browsing AA for about 2 months now and finally decided to take the plunge and join the forum! I have a 20G tall saltwater tank with live rock and 2 false clowns and zebra hermits. I'm looking forward to being more involved in the forum and learning along the way.

Welcome aboard! This is an awesome forum! I have learned an absolute ton by being a member.

Got any pictures of your setup? We LOVE photos here! lol

Welcome!! I also have a 20 gallon tall reef tank :). I'm with Carey, pics!!!! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'll post some later on tonight after I'm done work!! :D

Here it is, a work in progress without a doubt but I like seeing the small progression over time

Attachments

• 1408400734192.jpg
    1408400734192.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 41
Great beginning. :)

Are you considering putting something on the back glass? A black background would make the stuff inside "pop" as far as color. I usually paint my backgrounds but you can use the backgounds that many lfs's carry.

I am planning on painting the back black, do you have any suggestions on the easiest way to do it with fish already in it? And what type of paint do you recommend less will any kind do fine?

Its gonna be a tad diffuclt to paint it while there are fish in it, but people have done it before. Just be sure to tape up every thing and put something down on the floor as it may drip. You will also want to make sure the top is covered very well, the fumes can be dangerous to the fish.
I have used black krylon spray paint as well as semigloss black. With the regular paint I had to prime the glass first or it peeled off.
If you can get behind the tank all the way I dont see why spray paint wouldnt be doable. Just do it quick and make sure the coat is even. It can drip too so tape off using it as well.

Black board paint or chalk board paint ..no harmful chemicals and can be easily removed if you wish to sell it ..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom