Hello everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tk72

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all I'm Terry hope I'm posting in the right place.

First post and after some advice please. Picked up a new tank and bits as my son wants fish for his 7th birthday. Listed below is what I got

Diversa 60x30x30 tank.
Resun Magi 700 10 w filter.
Aqua one infinity air pump.
Elite 100 w heater.
And a smaller interpet 5w filter.

A bargain I think at £15 for the lot.

Am I right in thinking one of the filters must have been a spare as a tank that size may not need two filters.

Now I'm unsure as what best for a tank of this size? My son really want some goldfish as he likes theses the best. I know they can outgrow a tank but a friend has a pond they can be transferred into once they get to big. We would only get two or three goldfish maximum.

If we went for tropical what are good communal and colourful fish to put in?

I have no idea on how to start stocking the tank and how long to leave before stocking and how and what to treat the water with.

Any advice or pointers to start up threads would be greatly appreciated.

Has the tank been cycled? And guppies or endlers are colorful community tropical fish that are good for starters

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No not set up the tank yet. It's not his birthday till November. Just want to know what to do before hand so we can hit the ground running so to speak.

Back
Top Bottom