Hello Everyone!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RRP1501

Aquarium Advice Activist
My name is Ray and I'm from Sardis, Ohio. I just started a 55g Freshwater aquarium 3 weeks ago and am cycling it with some inexpensive starter fish. I have 2 Black Mollies a Corey Catfish 2 Balloon Mollies and another small catfish. I made sure the PH, Ammonia, Nitrates and Nitrites were settled and steady after the first week before I put the fish in. For filtration I have a HOT Magnum 250 and an Emperor 280 Bio wheel along with 2 bubble stones in it. I have some driftwood and fake plants and a couple of decorations, cave types for the fish. I putting a Beginners Starter pack of vegetation from Dustins Fish Tanks with10 stems of Jungle Vail, 5 Dwarf Sag, 5 stems of Rotala, 5 stems of Java Fern and 1 Annubias with 5 leaves. The PH has leveled off to about 7.4 for now. I plan to put Angel Fish in the tank once it cycles in a few more weeks.

That's my set up for now. I had a 55g tank with my ex about 17 years ago with Angels in it and they were getting pretty big by the time the flood hit in 97. Need I say more? I ended up losing the tank and my ex moved in with her boyfriend. I really missed my fish tank!:angel:

I'm starting a RO/DI unit and will be using it as my aquarium water. I know a lot of people don't like them for Freshwater because they take out a lot of the things the tank needs to stay healthy. I'm staying in close contact with the Lady in the Aquarium section of the best place in my area to go for Aquariums and Fish. She is helping me with any info I may need to run my tank. Any tips or pointers would be greatly appreciated and greatly welcomed. I need ALL the help in the world with this and figured this would be a good place to go. Hope to hear from anyone who wants to chime in! Look forward too meeting you all! God Bless!!!

Back
Top Bottom