Hello everyone !!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skylane

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm learning a lot from you guys and am now back into the hobby. It's been a long time since fish keeping but I guess not all people have the patience for this, because there is much to learn.
I'm currently looking to build a 75 or 90 gal now because my fish are growing and I could use some advise before I begin. I want a planted aquarium for my Angels and Discus which I've never keep before but they are growing and cohabitation is quite well.
My current tank is small but planted and over stocked now with some other smaller fish . looking for any feedback and ideas as for types of lighting and types of base for my plants, gravel or sand ect...

Thanks for your time to read this and for all the shared info you guys give.

Good luck to all !!!

Welcome to your new community!

With Discus they need very clean water, so with a large tank, I would look into a auto water changing set up. I am looking into Discus soon and am embarking on what and how and which hardware might work best for me. Probably won't build mine for a few months but learning. Also they appreciate live and frozen foods.

Welcome to your new community!

With Discus they need very clean water, so with a large tank, I would look into a auto water changing set up. I am looking into Discus soon and am embarking on what and how and which hardware might work best for me. Probably won't build mine for a few months but learning. Also they appreciate live and frozen foods.
Hi, I'm not sure what an auto water changing set up works but it sounds like the way to go. And thanks for greeting me here on the site.

A couple different ways to set them up, I am still in the middle of learning about them. Basically one way or another the water is pumped out of the tank to a drain (or outside) and then pumped into the tank on an as needed basis, for both water changing and also for evaporation.
Then there are safety valves or pipes to set up and other things to safeguard against water over flowing the top of the tank. There are do it yourself varieties, made with a drip line and specially configured piping and special set ups with single or dual valves made by companies. For sure you want to have it set up correctly and not flood the house! lol

A couple different ways to set them up, I am still in the middle of learning about them. Basically one way or another the water is pumped out of the tank to a drain (or outside) and then pumped into the tank on an as needed basis, for both water changing and also for evaporation.
Then there are safety valves or pipes to set up and other things to safeguard against water over flowing the top of the tank. There are do it yourself varieties, made with a drip line and specially configured piping and special set ups with single or dual valves made by companies. For sure you want to have it set up correctly and not flood the house! lol
Let me know how this goes and I will look into this for myself.
Thank you

I currently have two Discus in my tank and I love these fish amongst many others.

Back
Top Bottom